Basic things good to know in Prodigal, an absolute gem of a game this is! but it does not hold your hand and expects you to explore and experiment.
If this is you, you can turn around now. For you who don’t want to scramble around at the basics of the game.
THE BASIC MECHANICS
- Your pickaxe has a spin attack if you charge your attack. This does 2x Damage.
- Dread Hand will always bring you back to the beginning of the room from where you entered.
- The first will always do as much damage as a regular pickaxe hit.
- Buttons will always only affect the room they reside in.
- The bombs in Dry Fountain will start exploding on the 4th hit, or if they bump into a wall.
- The bomb explosion does not hurt you.
- Buffs from Keaton or Oakley last until you die.
- Strength Potion means +1 damage.
- You can increase your movement speed by the HAM from Keaton, or by doing the “One Small Favor” side quest, given by Tara in Crocasino. This is highly recommended
- There is a way to get Gravedigger and Oakley back in Act 2. Do not panic.
- All secrets are telegraphed, but for some, you really need to pay attention to that 1-2 pixels off.
THE USEFUL INFO
- Heart Ores exists in dungeons, but only the base dungeons before the final one.
- Post Game begins once the last boss is dead. (Post Game is like 70% of the game)
- To find it, try going to Sheriffs house and/or Keatons Bar a few times.
- All Item Upgrades have a hold button mechanic.
- Re-exploring old dungeons is sometimes a good idea.
- A true final boss exists in the base game, you get it by and
- If you missed the chance for the first requirement you can
I will fill this more in overtime when I come up with some more basic stuff.
Thankful to Soda for his wonderful guide. All credits belong to his effort If you find this guide useful, kindly rate it on the Steam Community.
Leave a Reply